BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, October 7, 2010

So right now I'm in a weird place with painting. Last year I was very sure of what I did and didn't like. This year, I almost feel like I'm starting all over again. I don't want to just paint abstractly. My professor encourages me to do abstract painting but I feel like those kinds of paintings are easier for me to resolve and less satisfying. When I paint landscapes or interiors, it's more challenging for me to realize when it's finished and when I need to add more elements. I really am glad that I am struggling so much in this class though. As annoying as it is to be so uncertain, at least I'm branching out into a direction I never expected I would go in.

So all these paintings are in various stages of completion but it should be interesting to see where I'll be in a couple of months.



0 comments: