In my sculpture/painting class today we had a crit that took up the entire 6 hour class. Although it was pretty exhausting, it was very good. I got so many ideas from hearing people talk about the work.
There was a girl who had done a piece that had several figures at the bottom reaching towards a hazy and seductively painted gold atmosphere. Someone suggested that the figures seemed to be between holding up the gold paint and becoming one with it. I think that was a really lovely comment and I want to keep it in mind if I ever make artwork about spirituality and religion.
I thought it was interesting that we were expected to talk about our work before other people gave their feedback. I haven't had to do that in a while. Again, I was reminded about how little I know what direction I'm going with my art but I was actually pretty comfortable with not knowing, surprisingly.
A shoddy picture of my piece:
I also got some great suggestions of where to go from here. I especially liked continuing to transform materials until they were unrecognizable from what they used to be.

0 comments:
Post a Comment