Yesterday was the last day of my tuesday painting class DDD: We had an amazing critique and I felt very comfortable talking about everyone's work but it was so sad! I'm going to be so lost without Andrea next year! I guess I'll just have to ambush her class next year and demand to be part of it.
I finally got a better picture of this painting.
This was my presentation for the last critique. It's missing about 6-8 paintings that didn't make the cut because they're not resolved yet.
Andrea asked me if I was proud of my work this semester and I have to say, I am. Looking back on the year, I see that I've really embraced color, paint, and my own weird awkwardness which has become easier to control and use to my advantage. I'm so grateful for Nancy and Andrea pushing me out of whatever rut I was in, getting me to think about my work in different ways, and giving us lots of practice to speak about art.




0 comments:
Post a Comment